Telecom Transport Equipment Engineer
APR Consulting, Inc. has been engaged to identify a Telecom Transport Equipment Engineer
Location: Plano, TX 75074
Position: Telecom Transport Equipment Engineer
Duration: 12 months or longer
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
This position within the Equipment Engineering organization is responsible for developing market-level deployment plans for the domestic US based metro transport network by leveraging high-level architecture guidelines from the Network Planning organization, as well as adhering to standard deployment guidelines for the transport network elements.
- Responsible for the network design, capacity management and the initiation of electronic module augments to maintain defined capacity levels in each metro market. This includes the creation of Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) capital funding requests and the initiation of Capacity Creation Requests (CCRs) which take into consideration space-constrained and/or power-constrained locations, available fiber, path diversity, reliability and cost effectiveness.
- Accountable for solving complex network issues by working with multiple organizations to include Network Planning, Inside Plant Engineering (ISPE), Outside Plant Engineering (OSP), Power/Space/Cooling (PSC) and Network Operations (OPS).
- Candidate requires an in depth understanding of next generation light-wave transport equipment (ROADM) and/or dense wave division multiplexing (DWDM). This would include knowledge of at least one of the following transport platforms: Ciena, Cisco, Fujitsu, Alcatel-Lucent SONET/DWDM/MESH. Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, have demonstrated an ability to work well with others, be flexible as priorities change, and be extremely sensitive to deadlines and customer needs.
- Experience with technologies such as NGPON2, PON and FiOS deployments would be beneficial.
- A Bachelor's degree or four or more years of relevant work experience is required.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.