Every New Year’s Eve you may have made the same New Year’s resolution, “I will exercise more” or “I will try to be healthier this year.” Sure, you may start off great the first two months, but by the time you reach March, your falling back to your old ways. Don’t worry, you are not alone. It is difficult to find motivation or support to help you commit to your goals. Because of this APR Consulting, Inc.’s Wellness Program has created a “Get Moving Challenge” for its employees.
The “Get Moving Challenge” is a 5-week friendly competition where employees keep track of the steps you take from Monday through Sunday on a weekly log. Employees are entered into a weekly drawing based on how many active days they have and at the end of the month, there will be a grand prize winner.
Exercising has many benefits such as it helps control your weight, combats health conditions and diseases, improves your mood, boosts energy, the list could go on and on. Which is why APR Consulting, Inc.’s Wellness Program would like to encourage you to “Get Moving”. Grab a buddy, join a group, or just lift yourself up, and get out there. Start small, make realistic goals for yourself, and do something you’ll enjoy. It may be difficult, but YOU are worth it. Please see below for motivation tips:
- Set your workout clothes and equipment where you can see them
- Give yourself a real reward: i.e. a smoothie or allow yourself to watch an episode from your favorite show
- Sign a commitment contract: pledge to yourself you will work out 30 minutes 3 times a week and have a friend or family member be there to witness you sign this pledge
- Think Positive: i.e. Instead of complaining on how early it is, think about how nice it will be to see the sun rise or the feeling of morning air on your face.
- Give yourself realistic goals
- Surround yourself by people who will support you
- Get a work out buddy
- Do an activity you would enjoy and mix it up throughout the week
- Get sufficient workout clothes
- Eat healthy
Let’s get inspired and inspire others. How do you “Get Moving”? Let us know by using the #getmoving @aprconsutling on Twitter!
By: Vanessa Chavez | HR Assistant