SNAP Project Coordinator
APR has been engaged to identify hard working SNAP Project Coordinator.
LOCATION: Washington, DC
CONTRACT: 12 months
The SNAP Enrollment Coordinator will coordinate activities under the Foundation's food and economic security intervention, SNAP for Seniors that works to help low-income older adults apply for and receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). The position reports to the Senior Advisor, Food Security.
The new Food Security portfolio addresses poverty with rigor. And, more importantly, seeks to empower low-income, older adults. It evolves the Foundation's focus from hunger relief to establishing food security and better health in older adults, their families and their communities.
The SNAP Program Coordinator will manage and expand the food and economic security intervention SNAP for Seniors.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
1. Manage and grow a network of grantees enrolling older adults into the simplified SNAP program for seniors within identified geographies, including monthly calls, webinars and site visits;
2. Manage and oversee the grantee quarterly reports, including programmatic data and surveys;
3. Manage ESAP mailing project for multiple states;
4. Develop ESAP and SNAP outreach and marketing materials for grantees, AARP state offices, and state agencies.
5. Provide technical assistance to grantees and state agencies;
6. Assist with the expansion of ESAP into additional states, through managing grantee relationships, AARP state offices, and also state agencies.
7. Drives food security outcomes along with the Senior Advisor to ensure targets and milestones are achieved.
8. Assists the Senior Advisor with preparing quarterly food security status reports (statistical and narrative).
9. Demonstrate AARP Leadership Behaviors in all interactions
Completion of a Bachelor's degree in public health or nutrition preferred but not required.
Experience helping people apply for public benefit programs preferred.
Demonstrated experience working with a 501c3 organization.
Experience working on issues related to poverty alleviation, health, aging, food security preferred.
Proficiency in contemporary software packages required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) essential. Should be willing and able to learn new systems.
Other Required Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
• Proven ability to work independently yet collaboratively
• Able to build and nurture productive relationships with a wide variety of people and organizations
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Able to communicate tactfully and effectively with community leaders and the public in general
• Able to clearly present information through verbal and written communication to varied audiences • Able to demonstrate active listening
Don't miss out on his amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.