Stock Picker/Packer I
APR has been engaged to identify hard working Stock Pickers/Packers for one of our biggest clients in the manufacturing industry.
JOB POSITION: Stock Picker/ Packer
LOCATION: Beltsville, MD, 20705 CONTRACT: 12 months or longer PAY RATE: $13/hr. SHIFT: 1st Shift, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, M-F, OT required
- Review packing lists.
- Count products to ensure correct number per customer order.
- Seal and label each container to prepare goods for packaging.
- Stack and pile finished goods into containers.
- Put together boxes for shipment. Check to ensure containers are damage free.
- Pack them following a specific set of instructions from customers.
- Verify if items pulled out of package are correct.
- Maintain and fill out paperwork associated with parts.
- Keep track of inventory.
- Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them in specified area, (inspection, hold, ship).
- Move completed packages for loading.
- Interact with customer service, team leaders and quality on a daily basis to resolve customers issues.
- Ensure safety and cleanliness of area (Daily 5S+).
- Participate in continuous improvement processes.
- Ensure work orders are closed in timely manner.
- Willing to "cross train" on different tasks.
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent from accredited institution
- Has worked in packaging.
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to stand 8 hours a day
- Must be able to use both hands constantly and work in adverse weather conditions
- Requires frequent lifting, bending
- Must be able to read and write English
- Able to use the computer proficiently
- Steel toed shoes required
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We're excited to work with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.