An Aerospace and Defense client is looking for an Accountant that will communicate with customers and internal teams to ensure timely collections and resolve issues and conduct credit reviews for new customers and establish credit limits/terms within company policies.
***This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination. However, accommodations will be made for those with disabilities or religious reasons who cannot obtain a vaccine***
LOCATION: Carson, NV, 89706 POSITION: Accountant CONTRACT: 6 months or longer PAY: $30-$35/hr., depending on experience SHIFT: 1st shift, Mon – Fri, 7:30 am - 4:30pm (40 hours/week) OT as needed
- Communicate with customers and internal teams to ensure timely collections and resolve issues
- Conduct credit reviews for new customers and establish credit limits/terms within company policies
- Maintain credit hold status for delinquent customer accounts and release orders when appropriate
- Process bi-weekly payroll and prepare monthly journal entry to record payroll
- Maintain employee PTO requests and balances
- Accounts payable backup as necessary
- Attend weekly Epicor consultation meeting to improve ERP performance and usability
- Assist maintaining chart of accounts and financial statements
- Assorted month end account reconciliations and journal entries where needed
- Various month end reporting: International sales/forecasting, AR-1, top customer/sales/orders
- Lead quarterly SOX testing
- Prepare and file NV and CA sales tax returns
- Maintain Avalara tax software
- Perform weekly manufacturing variance identification and analysis focusing on PPV, Inv Adjustment, Material/Labor/Burden
- Collaborate with engineering and production to review and remedy variances
- Assist in annual budget planning
- Provide support for standard costing roll
- Co-manage physical inventory process with operations manger
- Perform excess and obsolete review and analysis as required
- Ad Hoc reporting and tasks as necessary
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in role
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
About our Client: One of the leading global manufacturers of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices in the Aerospace and Defense industry
About APR: Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the matched for this position, apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.