Embedded Software Engineer
Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Melbourne, FL 32904
Duration: 12 months or longer
Pay rate: $40.95 to $51.18
COVD-19 Vaccination is a requirement for this assignment. However, accommodations may be made for those with medical or religious reasons who cannot obtain a vaccine.
Our client is a world leader and premier innovator in aerospace, with over 100,000 top talent employees providing the most advanced products and technologies in the industry. With numerous awards and recognitions, they offer continuous growth, learning, and development for their employees.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
- The software engineer will develop, modify and maintain customized or standardized embedded Mission Systems applications using software engineering best practices and standards
- Participate in the full life cycle of software development, to include requirements development, modeling and design, application development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance.
- In particular this role will support the Mission Software Team for Flight Systems Software.
- US Citizenship Required
- Active Secret Clearance
- Review Intake Questionnaire
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5-years of experience in software engineering OR a Master's degree in a (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3-years of experience in software engineering OR a PhD degree in a (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Experience developing software/writing code in C++
- At minimum an active DoD Secret level clearance is required to apply, with the ability to obtain (and maintain) special program access (PAR) before starting on Day 1.
- At a minimum 1 year experience with Level 5 SRS testing via python scripting
- At a minimum 1 year experience with Vehicle management software or equivalent VXWORKS
- Experience developing software with Java and/or Python
- Knowledge of Linux systems and basic commands
- Familiarity with Program Test infrastructure code
- Experience developing software for safety critical embedded system – Target hardware
- Experience integrating and debugging software on target hardware
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- Familiarity with software development tools such as Git, CMake, and Eclipse
- Experience of 3-4 years with VXWORKS Knowledge of Linux systems and basic commands
- Familiarity with software requirements tools such as DOORS and Rational Rhapsody
- Detailed knowledge of Program Test infrastructure
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Pay Rate: Up to $51.18/hr
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team.
We look forward to working with you!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.