Enterprise Applications Software Engineer IV
An Enterprise Applications Software Engineer IV position in Pasadena, CA recently opened up to support JPL/NASA. In this role you will design, develop, and/or modify engineering applications for highly complex or specialized capabilities within spacecraft, instrument/sensor, telecommunications, control systems, electronic ground support equipment (egse), navigation, planning, or similar data and mission software systems. To be considered for this role, you must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with at least 4 years of related experience. You must also be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Location: Pasadena, CA 91109 Position: Enterprise Applications Software Engineer IV Pay Rate: $58.50/hr – 97.30/hr DOE Duration: 4 months Flexible work schedule: 9/80 (can be remote)
We do offer PTO, holidays, 401k, medical, dental, and vision
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Designs, develops, and/or modifies engineering applications for highly complex or specialized capabilities within spacecraft, instrument/sensor, telecommunications, control systems, electronic ground support equipment (egse), navigation, planning, or similar data and mission software systems.
- Utilizes extensive domain-specific engineering expertise to understand the needs of the customer, translate needs into requirements, develop prototype applications, iterate with customers and then deliver quality applications.
- Involved in entire life-cycle of system, including planning, development, deployment and maintenance.
- Responsible for understanding and meeting software operational and engineering requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science with at least 4 years of related experience or Master’s degree with 2 years of experience • Strong knowledge of data warehousing fundamentals
- Experience in the full lifecycle development of BI applications
- Proficiency in understanding user requirements and creating solutions that are scalable, maintainable, and delight the end user
- Proficiency in the design and development of OAC analyses, visualizations, and dashboards
- Proficiency in testing, performance tuning, and scripting
- Demonstrated implementation of OAC best practices
- Experience with BI Publisher to create automated, pixel-perfect output from OAC content
- Ability to further interpret user requirements and make alternative suggestions for visualizations based on past experiences
- Proficiency in SQL
- Familiarity with Excel and pivot tables
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work with the development team as well as stakeholders
- Self-starter and able to drive all tasks to completion on time
- Effective team-player
- Experience in OAC RPD Development
- Familiarity with agile SCRUM
- Experience with Business Intelligence platforms such as Tableau, Power BI
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with Oracle ERP
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
About our client:
Our client is a research and development lab federally funded by NASA and managed by Caltech. Manages many of NASA's robotic missions exploring Earth, the solar system, and our universe.
This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination. However, accommodations may be made for those with disabilities or religious reasons who cannot obtain a vaccine.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is a match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.