Location: Lake Charles, LA
Duration: 12 months or longer
Pay rate: $31.42/hr on W2
Our client is a world leader and premier innovator in aerospace, with over 100,000 top talent employees providing the most advanced products and technologies in the industry. With numerous awards and recognitions, they offer continuous growth, learning, and development for their employees.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are looking for a Machinist who will sets up and operates a variety of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, planers, and precision grinders to make metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
· Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications;
· Determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup;
· Uses a variety of machinist hand tools and precision measuring instruments;
· Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds; measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining;
· Fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines material, parts, and equipment required.
· Some machines may be numerically controlled.
· May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
· Typically requires completion of a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
· US Citizenship required
· HS Diploma or equivalent
· 1-3 years of related experience
· Per diem only offered to those candidates living outside a 50-mile radius of the work location
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Pay Rate: $31.42/hr. on W2
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.