Title: Manufacturing Operator
Location: Beltsville, MD 20705-2005
Duration: 13 months or longer
Schedule: 1st shift, M-F, possibly 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Pay rate: $23-25/hr.
Our client is a world leader and premier innovator in aerospace, with over 100,000 top talent employees providing the most advanced products and technologies in the industry. With numerous awards and recognitions, they offer continuous growth, learning, and development for their employees.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
- Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies and final assemblies.
- Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment.
- Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process.
- Works with engineers in conducting experiments.
- Provides mechanical technician support for the manufacturing of integrated products in our structures assembly and layup area.
- HS diploma or equivalent (education will be verified)
- US Citizenship is required
- Minimum 2 years previous honeycomb panel fabrication or aerospace mechanical assembly experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude to include the ability to read and interpret drawings
- Attention to detail with a focus on quality workmanship.
- Familiar with hand tools and good math/geometry skills.
- Candidate must be able to read and follow written manufacturing instructions and technical procedures.
- Operate equipment such as hand tools and power machinery for processing metals, composites and wood.
- Must work closely with lead technicians and supervisor to meet build requirements and schedules within allotted budgets.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Demonstrates high level of concern for safety of self and others.
- Willing to work flexible schedules as needed to meet delivery dates
- Mechanically skilled and highly experienced in assembly/bonding operations on complex space flight hardware using multiple adhesives.
- Must be able to communicate well and have the ability and drive to learn quickly.
- This is a craftsmanship role and candidates must be conscientious and take pride in their work while demonstrating a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Computer skills including MS Word and Excel are a plus.
- Previous fabrication (honeycomb panel) experience in aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Experience preparing/mixing epoxy and silicone adhesives for mechanical and thermal component installation in honeycomb panels and aluminum skins.
- Experience handling of hazardous materials in accordance with OSHA and industry standards
Competencies for Success:
- Successful candidates will need to be a team player with a strong desire to work in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Ability to follow instructions, plan work, and manage time appropriately
- Ability to follow safety procedures
- Willing to work with a positive attitude
- Detail oriented
- Ability to be prompt for shift work
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Northrop Grumman has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team.
We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.