APR has been engaged to identify a hardworking Material Planner for one of our biggest clients in the aerospace/manufacturing industry.
LOCATION: Richmond, CA 94806 CONTRACT: 3 months or longer PAY RATE: $25-30/hr., depending on experience SHIFT: 1st shift, M-F, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, possible OT
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
One of the leading global manufacturers of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices in the Aerospace and Defense industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Planner will, with limited supervision, assume planning responsibilities for a major product line(s), including resource allocation, material status, and flow of work through the manufacturing cycle to ensure on time delivery to our customers. This will include released products as well as products in development.
- Work with ERP, MRP, Kanban, Min/Max and other inventory control systems to balance supply with demand in a dynamic environment.
- Coordinate planning and scheduling activities from receipt of order through quality control in order to meet delivery schedules on time and with the best possible quality.
- Create work orders for both standard and non-standard products to support customer required delivery dates.
- Establish priorities for production and common resource areas.
- Review material requirements for new product introduction, product obsolescence, and Engineering Change Orders (ECO).
- Interact with manufacturing, sales, shipping, receiving and stockroom personnel to meet schedule requirements.
- Work with Procurement to initiate purchasing of materials and ideal purchasing methods to meet planning schedule.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BS Degree in Operations Management, Business or related field, or the equivalent of 5-10 years of experience in Production Planning.
- APICS Certification is desirable
- Must be a self-starter, team player with excellent communication skills.
- Strong ability to communicate in verbal and written form. Strong ability to follow verbal or written instructions.
- Able to solve problems by collecting data and using critical thinking skills.
- Use Power Point, Access, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Projects, and advanced Excel skills (for example the ability to use pivot tables, v-look ups, graphing and complex spreadsheets).
- Ability to organize reports, folders, and communications from multiple sources. Strong ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work with many diverse groups.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to think outside the box and offer and/or implement suggestions to improve processes
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Occasional overtime may be required as job duties demand.
COMPENSATION: We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We're excited to work with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.