An aerospace/manufacturing client is looking for Mechanical Assembler that perform simple repetitive bench assembly of parts and components
LOCATION: Beltsville, MD 20705 POSITION: Mechanical Assembler PAY RATE: $19.50/hr. CONTRACT: 12 months or longer SHIFTS: 1st shift, M-F, 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM
- Performs wrap insulation process per specifications
- Measures and cut fiberglass insulation and clay tape.
- Transports work to various areas of the shop.
- Performs some mechanical assembly.
- Operates equipment including oven.
- Work in accordance with general safety rules and practices.
- Keep immediate work area clean and free of hazards.
- Will be responsible for the conformance of finish parts to drawings and specification.
- Participate in continuous improvement of processes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- General blueprint reading and machine shop skills.
- Read and comprehend specifications, engineering drawings and manufacturing routings preferred
- Experience with rotary tools and handheld inspection tools (i.e. calipers, micrometers, pi tape, loupe, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Position requires exposure to oil, dirt, and heat.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand 8 hours a day
- Must be able to read and write English
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- 1 year of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Steel toe shoes required
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
About our Client: One of the leading global manufacturers of machine and hydraulic parts in the Aerospace and Defense industry
About APR: Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the matched for this position, apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.