Assistant Transport Manager
Assistant Transport Manager Location: Oshkosh, WI Salary: $60-75k Bonus Target: 10% Direct Hire
Our client is a multinational company who aims to deliver innovative gas solutions and technologies to their customers in various industries, driving their performance and helping them reduce their environmental impact.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
The Assistant Terminal Manager is accountable for distribution management of local cryogenic liquids, vehicle maintenance and company activities to ensure efficient utilization of resources are cost effective and consistent with Department of Transportation Regulations and Airgas Merchant Gases procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for the supervision, training and performance of drivers and mechanics.
- Responsible for the PM operation and administration of liquid distribution costs to ensure they are maintained in accordance with company budgets, goals and objectives.
- Responsible for compliance of all DOT, OSHA, NFPA, State and Local regulations related to the private trucking industry and the industrial gas industry for maintenance of established standards for the operation.
- Responsible for following established policies and procedures required for the distribution and utilization of vehicles, company reporting systems and maintenance controls as it relates to the local operation.
- The incumbent must be able to learn behavior shaping techniques as trained by the company for the purpose of attaining company objectives for the overall purpose of obtaining cost efficiencies.
- Responsible for the scheduling and organization of driver trainer activities as it relates to scheduling of new hire training, scheduling of re-certification check rides, accident follow-up check rides and driver performance check ride follow-up.
- College degree in a related field preferred
- 3+ years of operations management experience supervising a staff strongly preferred
- Previous experience in the industrial and/or specialty gas business preferred
- Must be willing to travel up to 30%
- Basic / Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
- Ability to learn and become proficient with Google applications (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail)
- Able to save and maintain electronic files
- Ability to learn and use additional 3rd party software programs to track vehicle data and
- Provides supervision of terminal staff, in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Major accountabilities include interviewing, hiring, training associates, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence in English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
- situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
- instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
What's in it for you
A full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more!
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.