A chemicals/manufacturing client is looking for a Chemist III that will be responsible in preparation and analysis of GC and GC-MS samples (both routine and non-routine analyses) and method development for GC and GC-MS analyses
LOCATION: Fremont, CA 94538 POSITION: Chemist III PAY RATE: $108k, annually SHIFT: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Our Organic Lab specializes in a wide variety of measurements including QC/QA, Failure Analysis and R&D support. We utilize a large number of techniques for this work including GC/GC-MS, ATD-GCMS, HPLC/HPLC-MS, FTIR, Raman Spectroscopy, UV-Vis, TGA/DSC, and NMR.
- The GC/GC-MS chemist will work in an exciting, fast-paced, and dynamic environment and be part of an enthusiastic team passionate about providing quality data and answers to our customers in a timely manner.
- This individual will be responsible for helping with GC and GC-MS support for our customers.
- The chosen candidate must like running routine QC/QA work as well as developing measurements for new and challenging types of samples.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation and analysis of GC and GC-MS samples (both routine and non-routine analyses)
- Method development for GC and GC-MS analyses
- Preparing analysis reports
- Interfacing with clients to make analytical recommendations and discussing data and results
- Perform routine and non-routine activities as assigned
- Perform general maintenance of laboratory equipment
- BS in Chemistry or Similar Science with 6-8 years experience OR MS in Chemistry or Similar Science with 4-5 years experience
- Extensive experience in Gas Chromatography - Mass Spectrometry.
- Individual must have initiative, be self-motivated, and be able to work under time pressure and change plans on short notice.
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and spoken) and a strong passion for customer service.
- Additional organic analysis techniques (e.g. HPLC, TGA/DSC, FTIR) experience.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
About our Client: One of the leading global manufacturers of machine and hydraulic parts in the Aerospace and Defense industry
About APR: Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the matched for this position, apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.