Instrument Maintenance Technician
Instrument Maintenance Technician
Location: Mebane, NC 27302
Pay Rate: $32-37/hr
Schedule: 40 hours per week
Our client is a multinational company who aims to deliver innovative gas solutions and technologies to their customers in various industries, driving their performance and helping them reduce their environmental impact.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
The Instrument and Electrical Operations Technician has the responsibility for the operation and control of equipment used in the process of air separation; also accountability for the care and maintenance of plant mechanical, instrumentation and electrical devices and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Maintain and troubleshoot, instrumentation systems, and calibrations in accordance with manufacturers' instructions, local work instructions and governing regulations.
- Install, maintain, adjust and repair manual, pneumatic, electric and electronic measuring, recording, and regulating instrumentation.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and perform preventative inspections on mechanical equipment and systems in accordance with manufacturers instructions, local work instructions and governing regulations.
- Maintain and troubleshoot electrical systems in accordance with manufacturers' instructions, local work instructions and governing regulations.
- Maintain quality control and quality assurance equipment, including process analyzers and gas chromatographs.
- Maintain calibration standards, including inspection, testing and measuring equipment as well as calibration gas cylinders.
- Perform routine and non-routine analytical calibrations and adjustments.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and perform maintenance on compressors, pumps, turbines, valves, motors, and other plant equipment.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety.
- Read and interpret technical drawings and manuals.
- Monitors water treatment systems
- Demonstrate advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Work with the management team to schedule calibration and preventive maintenance programs during plant outages to achieve plant and company strategic quality and efficiency goals.
- Assist in the administration and maintenance of a comprehensive spare parts program.
- Assist in the training and development of other Airgas associates when needed.
- Develop and maintain contractor relationships
- Operate and control equipment used in an air separation plant.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. Minimum two years of college, technical school, or military technical experience preferred.
- Five plus years or more equivalent experience operating and/or maintaining a technical process in an industrial setting.
- Occasionally (1-33% of work time)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong skills in computer programs used for process control as well as document and spreadsheet creation and interpretation.
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.