Smart Plant P&IDs Drafter
A chemicals/manufacturing client is looking for a Smart Plant P&IDs Drafter that will perform Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID’s) works in CAD utilizing SmartPlant P&IDs tool, and utilize the standard symbologies in the database to create P&IDs from scratch and/or modify the standard drawings.
LOCATION: Houston, TX 77024 POSITION: Smart Plant P&IDs Drafter CONTRACT: 12 months PAY RATE: $35/hr. SHIFT: 1st shift, M-F, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 40 hrs. a week
- Meet or exceed company safety's standards
- Comply with company engineering standards and other industry standards (Drafting)
- Work a team member with local and/or with international team members
- Perform Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID’s) works in CAD utilizing SmartPlant P&IDs tool
- Utilize the standard symbologies in the database to create P&IDs from scratch and/or modify the standard drawings
- Demonstrate skills to read the current version of P&IDs marked up from engineers
- Contribute to the department requirement linked to document management/filing within the drafting networks/drive
- Understand the standard philosophy of the drafting and be consistent for the drafting works on the required deliverables
- Ability to interpret engineering mark-ups and accurately make drawing corrections
- Ability to perform quality check on P&IDs for drafting works and to debug any errors
- HS Diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years of experience in role
- Must have SmartPlant P&IDs Drafting experience
- Proactive to support and deliver
- Strong customer-centric mindset
- Knowledge of data transfer within SmartPlant (preferred only)
- Knowledge of Bluebeam (preferred only)
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
About our Client: Our client is a multinational company who aims to deliver innovative gas solutions and technologies to their customers in various industries, driving their performance and helping them reduce their environmental impact.
About APR: Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the matched for this position, apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.