APR Consulting, Inc. has been engaged to identify Administrative Assistant
Location: Portland, OR 97239 Position: Administrative Assistant Pay Rate: $ 23.93/ hr. Duration: 26 weeks (6.5 months) Expected Shift: Day 3x12-Hour (07:45AM - 8:15PM)
- Friday-Sunday 07:45AM-08:15PM
- Thursday, Saturday and Sunday 07:45AM-5:15PM
- Friday 9:45AM-8:15PM - 4x10s
Start Date: 12/19/22
REQUIRED Experience: Six months of work experience in a medical office setting, including high volume direct patient contact OR one year of work experience in a high-volume direct public contact position OR
successful completion of the PAS Trainee position.
The PAS Specialist at Immediate Care at Scappoose provides excellent clinical care through professional response to patient needs. This role is responsible for all reception duties, including check in, check out, telephones, and providing a high level of administrative support to both providers and patients. This will include gathering appropriate and correct patient demographics, financial screening, worker compensation status, and non-covered service status. Will schedule appointments including but not limited to new patient, ancillaries, procedure services, and follow-up appointments. Gathers and records information about patients, provides specific customer services which include screening for financial eligibility, confirming health insurance coverage, and individual's obligations. Maintains current information on all managed care insurance plans and is up to date with all insurance plan changes. Solid administrative skills, including letter/phone correspondence, organizational skills, project maintenance, and other general office tasks.
1. Outpatient Clinic: Greet and check-in new patients to the practice providing a high level of customer service in preparation for the visit. This position will also check in / out established patients, make return appointments, answer incoming calls, provide high quality customer service to both external customers (patients, referring providers, and insurance carriers) and internal customers (OHSU health care providers and staff) that meet or exceeds the service standards of the health care industry. Obtain prior medical records and studies when appropriate. Enter all information accurately into OHSU databases or into the medical record when necessary. Answer all basic appointment questions. Determine and collect co-payments/cash handling. Applies problem solving and negotiating skills in resolving patient concerns. Provides high level of support to providers and patients.
2. Answer incoming phone calls, verify account information including, but not limited to, demographics, insurance, and Primary Care Provider. Will schedule appointments including but not limited to new patient, ancillaries, procedure services, and follow-up appointments. Maintains current information on all managed care insurance plans and is up-to date with all insurance plan changes, utilizing information to efficiently and effectively obtain authorizations as appropriate. Solid understanding of ICD10/CPT coding requirements and issues. Responsible for keeping the schedule flowing smoothly and on time. Applies problem solving and negotiating skills in resolving patient concerns. Creates telephone and routes telephone encounters with accurate information for medical staff from patients or patient’s representative. Manages providers schedule and completes administrative work for team providers.
3. Enrollment & Eligibility. Gathers and/or verifies patient information including demographics, insurance coverage, and financial status. Confirms patient eligibility for health care coverage and clarifies any managed care arrangements. Obtains authorizations for clinical care, procedures, and laboratory studies.
4. Performs other administrative duties and/or projects as requested by providers, managers, and supervisors.
5. Offers MyChart access.
This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination. No exemptions will be applied.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is one of the largest non-profit health plans founded in 1945 which offers comprehensive, affordable health coverage plans for individual & family, Medicare, employers, and large group.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is a match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.