Leave and Accommodations Specialist
APR has been engaged to identify hard working Leave and Accommodations Specialist.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
LOCATION: San Dimas, CA 91773
CONTRACT: direct hire
Monday thru Friday 8a-5p, could include occasional weekend hours/work
Over-time Required: Varies based on volume/projects/business need
The Leave and Accommodation Specialist is responsible for serving as a liaison between employees, managers and vendors to ensure all leave and accommodation cases are administered in accordance with applicable company policy and Federal, State and Local laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Serves as a liaison with third party leave administration, short term/long term disability vendors, employees, managers and HR Team by providing company specific process guidance and specific eligibility follow up information
• Facilitate resolution for complex leave cases to include continuous, intermittent and reduced schedule
• Ensures all leave and accommodation cases are administered in accordance with applicable Federal, State, Local laws and company specific programs (e.g., FMLA, USERRA, ADA/ADAAA, etc.)
• Reviews job accommodation requests and facilitates the interactive process with the employee, manager and third party administrator per ADAAA guidelines, may review medical information while maintaining HIPAA compliance
• Partners with workers compensations on concurrent leaves and accommodations as needed
• Conducts regular audits to ensure internal QTC systems/applications and vendor partner systems reflect accurate employee status information
• Partners with leadership in timely review and updates to policies and procedures
• Develop and deliver end user training and communications, may lead or participate in project initiatives as needed
• Develop and create Leave reporting metrics
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Creative problem solver with strong attention to detail, organization, and follow-up skills
• Must have strong communication skills to include verbal, written, and interpersonal
• Demonstrated expertise in administering leaves of absence
• Ability to provide a high level of customer service to employees, timely conflict resolution, and sound judgment in triaging and escalating issues
• Superior knowledge of the FMLA, ADA, Workers Compensation, and other Federal, State, and local leave laws as well as best practice for employee leave communication and process improvement
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
• High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree in Business or Human Resources, or related field from an accredited college, preferred
• 5 to 10 years of human resources experience specifically including specialist/generalist experience in leave of absence policy administration
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.