Workstation PC Technician - Int
APR Consulting, Inc. has been engaged to identify a Workstation PC Technician - Sr
Location: Renton WA 98057
Position: Workstation PC Technician – Sr
Pay Rate: $22.70/Hr
Duration: 2 years
Free Parking on site
- Support a robust Microsoft based network running Windows 7/10 and Microsoft Office 365, Skype, etc.
- Basic Desktop and Networking support knowledge on BSOD, IPConfig Command, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS and Group policy.
- Server, PC, MAC and Laptop expertise needed to perform the duties of this position.
- Under the guidance of IT representatives, duties may include some or all of the following.
- Receiving assets, moving equipment within and/or between facilities, staging equipment for build/image activity, interviewing clients as part of pre-deployment asset discovery, executing equipment replacement activity, updating asset management system to reflect work performed, monitoring daily activity.
- Installing and maintaining PC hardware and software, troubleshooting network usage and computer peripherals, perform system backups and data recovery, resolve network communication problems independently, e-mail administration, disk capacity monitoring and network security, preparing assets for disposition, other administrative duties.
- Activity may also involve transporting equipment using a vehicle provided by supplier / contractor between multiple facilities within an assigned service area, as directed by an IT representative.
- Minimum 2 years' experience with PC support, including deployment.
- Minimum 2 years' experience with PC hardware troubleshooting and repair.
- Well-versed in installing windows, software, applications, antivirus, and patches.
- Minimum 1-year experience with direct client interaction.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Adaptable to change in process or required activities.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand technical manuals and schematics.
- Quick learner.
- Proven ability to manage multiple troubleshooting tasks simultaneously while maintaining the quality of results.
- Professional appearance and behavior, including punctuality Manage incoming and outgoing assets. Prepare systems for deployment.
- Scan existing asset for applications and settings.
- Interview clients to identify special considerations and other settings.
- Use KP tools to execute PC activity.
- Collaborate with teammates to identify process improvements.
- Escalate quickly when issues arise.
- Assist other technicians as needed.
- Extensive experience in backup and image management software.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Known for working efficiently without supervision.
- Committed to learn and relate technical concepts promptly.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is a match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.