Accounting Assistant - Duplicate
APR has been engaged to identify a hardworking Accounting Assistant for one of our biggest clients in the aerospace/manufacturing industry.
***This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination. However, accommodations will be made for those with disabilities or religious reasons who cannot obtain a vaccine***
LOCATION: Eden Prairie, MN 55344 CONTRACT: 12 months or longer PAY RATE: $20/hr. SHIFT: 1st shift, M-F, possibly 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
One of the leading global manufacturers of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices in the Aerospace and Defense industry.
- The Accounting Assistant role executes payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and collections as directed in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, techniques and practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains software with employee and position information.
- Processes payroll including employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Provides information to employees and managers with payroll and human resources reports.
- Records vendor invoices and expenditures and issues checks to pay suppliers and vendors according to established procedures.
- Receives payments from customers and posts amounts paid to appropriate accounts.
- Monitors receivables and notifies customers of overdue accounts by mail or telephone in order to solicit payment.
- Balances bank accounts.
- Assists with month-end closing procedures.
- Provides backup for reception area and phones.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in Accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance, or related field with at least 1 year of applicable experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently on assigned duties.
- Demonstrates an ability to manage a variety of priorities while meeting deadlines.
COMPENSATION: We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.