Accounts Payable Lead
APR has been engaged to identify a hardworking Accounts Payable Lead for one of our biggest clients in the manufacturing industry.
LOCATION: Richmond, VA, 23231 CONTRACT: 12 months or longer PAY RATE: $23/hr. SHIFT: 1st shift, M-F, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, possible OT
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
One of the leading global manufacturers of machine and hydraulic parts in the Aerospace and Defense industry
- Compiles, classifies, records, verifies, and maintains data and payments to accounts payable and receivable records by performing the following duties:
- Prepares and processes daily cash and credit card deposits and fills out cash control sheet daily.
- Reviews and posts receipts and payments to appropriate ledgers, spreadsheets, records, and databases.
- Prepares, sorts, copies, files, and mails invoices, receipts, checks, correspondence, and other requested items.
- Completes, verifies and audits all data input to ensure accurate and timely payment or processing.
- Prepares accounts payable checks.
- Investigates problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
- Researches and processes charge backs, returns, refunds, freight charges, cost of lost or damaged goods, bad checks, and similar items.
- Answers accounts payable and receivable inquiries and follows up.
- HS Diploma or GED required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in role
- Must be organized and can multitask
- Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Organization, Analyzing Information , Accounting, Vendor Relationships, PC Proficiency, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and general office equipment
- Familiar with ERP system, is a plus
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We're excited to work with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.