An aerospace/manufacturing client is looking for a Buyer that will be responsible for purchasing materials and services, obtaining maximum value in terms of price, quality and delivery related to inventory, supplies, and capital goods for the company’s ICI Plant in an Engineered-to-order (ETO) environment.
LOCATION: Houston, TX 77047 POSITION: Buyer CONTRACT: 12 months or longer PAY RATE: $30/hr. SHIFT: 1st shift, M-F, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- In this role, you will be responsible for purchasing materials and services, obtaining maximum value in terms of price, quality and delivery related to inventory, supplies, and capital goods for the company’s ICI Plant in an Engineered-to-order (ETO) environment.
- This role will focus on obtaining components for supporting ETO jobs in a timely manner to ensure customer service and achieving cost-out projects to accomplish plant goals.
- Coordinate material requirements with production schedules, customer requirements, and provide status updates in daily/weekly meetings
- Lead continuous improvement activities in assigned area
- Coordinate with engineering, operations, finance, and quality to meet customer demands
- Ensure that sufficient material is available to support production on-time, while not procuring excessive inventory
- Create purchase orders from contracts, SAP, or purchase requisitions.
- Manage supplier delivery and performance for inventory purchases
- Proactively resolve supplier invoicing issues and implement corrective actions to minimize future errors
- Schedule internal and supplier demand based on the actual demand, safety stock / re-order point logic, and / or forecast through system generated action messages
- Manage purchase requisitions, investigate, and develop sources of supplies, prepare bid specifications, issues bid requests and review quotations
- Assist plant execution towards achieving delivery, inventory, & cost metrics.
- Support new product development as needed
- Support and / or lead annual physical inventory process as required
- Perform other assigned duties relevant to plant operation
- High School Diploma or GED requires; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in role
- Steel toe shoes required starting on first day
- Knowledge of MRP (Materials Requirements Planning)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to build relationships across functional areas and with external suppliers
- Strong time management skill as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Strong practical knowledge applicable to manufacturing environment.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications a must.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
About our Client: One of the leading global manufacturers of machine and hydraulic parts in the Aerospace and Defense industry
About APR: Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the matched for this position, apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.