APR has been engaged to identify a hardworking CNC Machinist for one of our biggest clients in the aerospace/manufacturing industry.
LOCATION: Aurora, IL 60540 CONTRACT: 3 months or longer PAY RATE: $20-$26/hr., depending on experience SHIFT: 2nd shift, Mon - Fri; 2:00 PM – 10:00 PM, OT possible
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
One of the leading global manufacturers of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices in the Aerospace and Defense industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow current Standard Work with excellence, including accountability for quality of work performed.
- Identify all out-of-standard and nonconforming conditions; alert Team Lead and/or Supervisor for remediation.
- Capable of performing multiple, complete set ups per shift including editing of programs to meet drawing specs.
- Identify and propose ideas to improve safety, quality, throughput, and teamwork.
- Execute and maintain a clean and organized work area following 5S methods
- Continuously learn new job skills within the workflow / plant to improve overall effectiveness of the organization.
- Perform all work according to area and the company's procedures including code of conduct.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 5 minimum years of experience Setting up and Programming CNC lathes.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings written in English.
- Basic computer literacy using Microsoft Windows.
- Basic math skills and ability to use basic measurement equipment (ruler, calipers, micrometers, and indicators.)
- Ability to set up machines using various hand tools (Allen keys, wrenches, pliers, etc.)
- Job specific skills through experience and/or education
- Need to be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience setting up and programming CNC Lathes, preferably Okuma and Mazak.
- Experience with SolidWorks programming.
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We're excited to work with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.