Entry Level Assembler
APR has been engaged to identify a hardworking Entry Level Assembler for one of our biggest clients in the manufacturing industry.
LOCATION: Olean, NY 14760 CONTRACT: 8 months or longer PAY: $15.50/hour SHIFT: 2nd shift: 2:30 PM – 11:00 PM, M-F, Mandatory OT required + weekends (Saturdays and Sundays)
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
One of the leading global manufacturers of machine and hydraulic parts in the Aerospace and Defense industry
Training schedule for 1 month: M-F 6:00 am - 2:30 pm, once training is done, you'll be transferring to 2nd shift, M-F, 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm
- Utilizes knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform a variety of tasks in the production of the company's arrestor product lines.
- Maintains standards of quality, production, and safety; complies with all company policies and works as part of a team to ensure that daily goals are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for following all safety policies and procedures, complying with JSA's, wearing proper PPE, complying with the production attire policy, and assuring that the work cell has safe equipment and no risk is placed on their coworkers or themselves.
- Any safety issue identified should be reported immediately to supervisor or manager
- General cleaning of shop areas and personal 5S/industrial housekeeping responsibility.
- Works under general and/or intermittent supervision, taking direction from lead person and/or supervisor, to execute all assemblies, processes, tests, and inspections related to a variety of standard light to medium weight assembly according to the OMS/standard work for each operation.
- Works from prints and work orders.
- Is fully trained on all operations within the Evolution department including build station, wrap room, cut and grind station, leak testing, front of wave (FOW) testing, gap assembly, prime and hang station, stuffing, final assembly/packing, and box building.
- Utilizes tools including various air and hand tools, including in-line drivers, torque guns, Allen wrenches, and safety knives.
- Works within the fast paced, sometimes repetitive department, and assists elsewhere based on production needs.
- Maintains quality standards consistent with the company's Quality Policy. Visually inspects components and products. Takes ownership of the recognition and communication of quality issues.
- Notifies the supervisor/manager of all problems with product or quality.
- Works in a team environment, accepting other duties as assigned, including flexing between work cells/ stations as needed.
- Performs assigned miscellaneous duties within the scope of operations, which may not be specifically listed above.
- Lifting floor to waist- 5 lbs.
- Lifting waist to shoulder- 15 lbs. frequently
- Lifting over the shoulder 15 lbs. rarely.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection and cloth face mask required
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.