Entry Level QA Inspector
APR has been engaged to identify hardworking Entry Level QA Inspector for one of our biggest clients in the manufacturing industry.
LOCATION: Olean, NY 14760 CONTRACT: 6 months or longer PAY: $16.50/hour SHIFTS:
- 2nd shift: 2:30 PM – 11:00 PM, M-F, Mandatory OT required + weekends (Saturdays and Sundays)
- 3rd shift: 11:00 PM – 7:30 AM, Sun-Thu, Mandatory OT required + weekends (Fridays and Saturdays)
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
One of the leading global manufacturers of machine and hydraulic parts in the Aerospace and Defense industry
- Utilizes knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform a variety of tasks in the production of metal oxide varistor (MOV) disks to be used in production of the company's arrestor product lines.
- Maintains standards of quality, production, and safety; works as part of a team to ensure that daily goals are met.
- Maintains standards of quality, production, and safety; complies with all company policies and works as part of a team to ensure that daily goals are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for following all safety policies and procedures, complying with JSA's, wearing proper PPE, complying with the production attire policy, and assuring that the work cell has safe equipment and no risk is placed on their coworkers or themselves.
- Any safety issue identified should be reported immediately to supervisor or manager
- General cleaning of shop areas and personal 5S/industrial housekeeping responsibility.
- Works under general and/or intermittent supervision to execute all processes, assemblies, tests, and inspections related to the production of MOV disks according to the OMS/standard work for each operation.
- Is fully trained on at least 2 of the 3 core jobs (including Presses, Glass Collar, and Finishing Line Operator).
- Is fully trained on at least 4 of the 6 secondary jobs (including Offline Grinder, Epoxy, Secondaries, NGD Sorter, Energy Tester and Ringing Wave Tester).
- Rotates between job stations within the department and assists elsewhere based on production needs.
- Maintains quality standards consistent with the company's Quality Policy. Visually inspects components and products. Takes ownership of the recognition and communication of quality issues.
- Notifies the supervisor/manager of all problems with product or quality.
- Works in a team environment, accepting other duties as assigned, including flexing between work cells as needed.
- Performs assigned miscellaneous duties within the scope of operations, which may not be specifically listed above.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to communicate problems in product or quality in to supervisor or manager clearly and concisely.
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection and medical face mask required
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.