An electric utilities client is looking for an Instructional Designer to design and develop overall training curriculum as well as research, design and develop technical training courses in areas governed by state/federal utility regulatory requirements.
Location: Irwindale, CA 91803 - hybrid, mostly remote with the possibility of on-site.
Position: Instructional Designer
Pay Rate: $42.39/hr on W2
Duration: 17 months or longer
Shift: M-F 8-5
- Design and develop overall training curriculum. Research, design and develop technical training courses in areas governed by state/federal utility regulatory requirements.
- Conduct needs assessment and job/task analysis to determine scope of training.
- Create eLearning content and job aids.
- Identify issues for management follow-up as needed.
- Collaborate with multiple SMEs in multiple specialty areas.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills required. Must be able to review, re-organize and streamline multiple environmental compliance topics.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Advanced skills/experience in instructional design practices and methodologies, including ADDIE and SAM.
- Minimum 7+ years developing training content.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint.
- Advanced skills in developing eLearning content with Articulate Storyline or Rise.
- Must be experienced in producing and editing video and audio content.
- Experience working for a utility a plus.
- Experience in utility technical training preferred.
- Local candidates preferred, as role may require occasional in-person site visits in the latter part of the year.
- Bachelor's Degree
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
About our Client:
Our client is one of the largest electric utility and longtime leader in renewable energy and energy efficiency in the United States providing electricity for much of Southern California.
This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination. However, accommodations may be made for those with disabilities or religious reasons who cannot obtain a vaccine.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.