Site Design Engineer
TITLE: Site Design Engineer
LOCATION: Richardson, TX 75081
CONTRACT: 18 months or longer
PAY RATE: $45/hr on W2
**This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination. However, accommodations will be made for those with disabilities or religious reasons who cannot obtain a vaccine**
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
Our client is a global communications & technology leader known for its 4g & 5g wireless networks, broadband & fiber optics, video & advertising platforms.
Define, engineer, and resolve network capacity requirements for Intelligent Edge, long haul and metro transport network utilizing high capacity next generation lightwave and wave division multiplexing technologies to meet network services capacity, vulnerability, diversity and growth requirements.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform detailed equipment engineering for network augments. This includes developing all of the specifications required for installation forces to properly install, turn-up, inventory, and configure the equipment, obtaining appropriate management approvals, issuing purchase orders, creating applicable diagrams/ drawings, and ensuring vendor delivery.
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
- Develop Bill of Material and place orders for network equipment, rack, and hardware requirements.
- Define cable requirements, create cable running lists, and order all cables.
- Order all spares required based on sparing plan or directed by capacity management.
- Manage, input, and update central Network Inventory Database (i.e. ICON, Nautilus, CoFEE) to reflect new builds, adds, and decommissions.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, networking, computer, telecommunications or equivalent job-related experience, 5-6 years progressive, technical experience required.
- Experience in Engineering and/or Installation and Testing in one (or more) of the following Transport technologies: Ciena, Nortel, Fujitsu, Cisco, Alcatel-Lucent SONET and Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) equipment platforms is essential.
- Experience in PON, NGPON2, FiOS and FTTP is a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suites and drawing complex system diagrams using CAD-based software is preferred.
- Former Inside Plant Engineers with ICON experience preferred.
- Teamwork: Candidate must be able to work well with others (as a team) and individually (on your own projects) with a positive attitude.
- Communication Skills: A good communication skills is required for this job.
- Project Management: Candidate will be working on several projects at a time and project/ time management is required for this job.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We're excited to work with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.