TITLE: Switch Engineer
LOCATION: Redmond, WA 98053
CONTRACT: 12 months or longer
PAY RATE: $40/hr on W2
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
Our client is a global communications & technology leader known for its 4g & 5g wireless networks, broadband & fiber optics, video & advertising platforms.
We are seeking an IP Network Engineer with broad experience in an enterprise environment.
- Primarily a project based role, working on multiple projects with different PM's and stakeholders.
- Support technology delivery within defined capital/delivery projects under the direction of clients Network Engineers and Project Managers.
- Execute engineering tasks according to plan and meet engineering goals and objectives.
- Plan and execute network moves, and changes including hardware installation/, change management, and customer activation.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant products and offerings.
- Assist in special projects with the ability to function in a highly dynamic environment.
- 6 years of experience in an enterprise network environment
- Proficient knowledge and experience with the following technologies: IP routing and virtualization in a Wide Area Network - MPLS, VRF, IPSEC BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Ethernet, and TDM and operation
- Nokia Enterprise and Industrial routing and switching platforms, modules, and configurations
- Nokia Network Routing Specialist I (NRS I), Nokia Network Routing Specialist II (NRS II), Nokia Routing Architect (SRA)
- Experience with Nokia 7750, 7705 routers
- Native MPLS transport design, and implementation work leveraging Nokia equipment
- WAN performance, optimization, and assurance techniques
- Back office network management and authentication systems
- Wireless LAN, operation, and maintenance
- IP subnetting
- IP protocols and operation of LAN switching technology - VLANs, Trunking, FHRPs
- Proficient knowledge of network security best practices with hands on experience configuring Access Control Lists, TACACS+, SNMP, AAA, SSH
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We're excited to work with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.