Telecom Field Supervisor
TITLE: Telecom Field Supervisor LOCATION: Bellevue, WA 98008 DURATION: 2 years and 6 months REQUIRED SHIFT: Typically 8 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday (one unpaid hour for lunch). OT available with supervisors approval. PAY RATE: $35/hr on W2
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
Our client is a global communications & technology leader known for its 4g & 5g wireless networks, broadband & fiber optics, video & advertising platforms.
- Must have access to late model vehicle in good condition and outfitted with hand tools and safety equipment to perform specific tasks (see below).
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver's license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Contractor to provide all, tools, vehicles, and safety equipment necessary for performing the Services.
- Mileage will be provided.
- Work Environment: 95 % in the field.
- Laptop provided.
OSP Inspector services that include live auditing of all Outside Plant (OSP) facilities in an OSP construction environment.
- Oversees, inspects, and monitors contractual field work, which includes excavations, boring, placement of hand-holes, aerial strand and fiber cable installation, grounding, and monitoring restoration (sod, etc.) of work areas per provided standard.
- Advises contractors of violations and recommends adjustments to work operations.
- Applies vast knowledge of OSP construction methods, practices, and safety guidelines.
- Maintains project notes, which include daily diaries, etc.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- A minimum of 7-10 years of telecommunications industry construction field experience with specific focus on fiber optic network deployment (i.e. fiber technician, inspector).
- Knowledgeable in outside plant construction, line, splicing and substructure.
- Capable of communicating and working with General Contractors (GC) (i.e. communicating with GC where they are at in the project, timeline, etc.).
- Expert in established safety practices and guidelines.
- Ability to plan inspection in coordination with contractors superintendent and agency personnel schedules
- Able to adhere to strict company regulations and procedures for the security of company property.
- Demonstrated ability to validate as-built, project closeout documentation to confirm any red-line changes have been incorporated into the final design and that all project completion requirements are met.
- Experience In validation that invoiced unit quantities align with construction activities in the field.
- Able to processes written reports, QA audits, and other administrative duties.
- Detailed knowledge of construction work print interpretation and municipal permit application review required.
- Able to receive general instruction, otherwise performs independently with minimal supervision, exercising latitude to achieve daily objectives and approaches to critical/complex assignments.
- Previous Experience performing inspection services for a major telecommunications provider;
- Knowledge of outside plant engineering in a telecommunications provider environment and fiber optic network construction experience.
- Working knowledge of 3GIS, Google Earth or other industry standard geospatial applications. General computer application skills required (MSOffice applications, Adobe, GSuite, etc.).
- Ability to perform locate services utilizing provided company equipment.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED required
- Steel toe boots
- Leather Gloves / Kevlar Gloves
- Orange Safety Vest / Yellow Safety Vest (RR requirement / approved)
- ANSI approved boots
- Safety Glasses
- Voltage Detector
- Safety Cones ( 2 Minimum)
- Safety beacon / warning lights
- First Aid kit
- Camera or phone with Camera
- Cable Knife
- Diagonal Pliers
- Tone Generator
- Tone Probe
- Can Wrench Klein 68005
- Manhole / handhold hook
- Cable / gravel depth Probe
- Measuring wheel
- Socket set
- 2# Hammer
- Measuring tape (25 ft.)
- Height Stick or Range finder (for pole inspection)
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.