Telecom GIS Engineer
TITLE: Telecom GIS Engineer LOCATION: Houston, TX 77039 DURATION: 6 months or longer PAY RATE: $40/hr on W2
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
Our client is a global communications & technology leader known for its 4g & 5g wireless networks, broadband & fiber optics, video & advertising platforms.
This individual is a Telecommunications Professional and must be capable of engineering routine and specific outside plant work orders, both distribution and feeder. Must have experience with ODN (PON, F2, FIOS or equivalent) design and implementation utilizing KMZ, AutoCAD and GIS systems. Must be capable of providing administrative and field support to the outside plant work forces. 5-7 years of experience
- This critical role will coordinate with a variety of teams and have direct contact with cross functional teams internally and with external vendors. You'll work in diverse environments, to solve complex problems and implement innovative solutions.
- Utilizing GIS to analyze data and complete necessary spatial designs and connections. Performs weekly analysis on mission critical GIS data to audit and sustain data integrity Creating work orders, approving designs and tracing routes for A to Z continuity.
- Coordinating with internal departments and liaising with residential and business end users, building contractors, and property owners to implement solutions appropriately.
- Creating winning outcomes for both us and our customers.
QUALIFICATIONS:You'll need to have:
- Bachelors degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant experience.
- Three or more years of GIS experience. Valid drivers license
Even better if you have:
- Bachelors degree in engineering or technical/science/mathematics fields.
- Knowledge of GIS principles, including projection, editing, cartography, geodatabases, queries
- Working knowledge of Esri Arc GIS, and 3-GIS Software in a utility or utility related environment
- Understanding of GPON networks
- Experience with windows-based programs and corporate database systems.
- Experience with CAD, and MS Excel/MS Access.
- Experience working with outside plant engineering principles and procedures.
- Willingness to travel on occasion.
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.