Telecom Implementation Engineer
Job Title: Telecom Implementation Engineer
Pay rate: $40/hr on W2 with Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k plan, etc.)
Location: Ashburn, VA 20147 (Remote until further notice)
Duration: 2 years 6 months or longer
Shift: 8-5 / M-F in your time zone with occasional maintenance window support.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
A global communications & technology leader known for its 4g & 5g wireless networks, broadband & fiber optics, video & advertising platforms.
- Partner with Engineering and Operations to provision and test the UT/iEN/5G networks throughout the country.
- Provide field Technicians with Remote Configuration and Test support for all US Domestic growth and revenue projects, such as Card adds and Circuit adds.
- Support "in-service" network system reconfigurations, supporting on site field techs with high level switching and real time review of all system activity being performed during Maintenance Events.
- Submit Engineering Support recommendations as to maintain real-time documentation of network systems infrastructure, cross connects and circuit audit corrections.
- Work in the following engineering systems on a daily basis: UUI/CoFEE, ICON, CCP, VPNS, ACTP, and Venue.
MUST HAVE SKILLS (Most Important):
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Hands on experience and a full understanding of the following System Flows listed below to implement all projects/programs assigned nationally: SONET, ROADM, ULH, OTN Mesh, Next Generation ROADM Implementation or relative experience.
- Working knowledge in two or more of the following product platforms: Cisco NCS2015, NCS4016, Ciena OME6500 (T and S), NT5200, 5410/5430/Ciena Core Director, Tellabs 7100 ROADM, Fujitsu FW4100ES, 4500, and 9500 ROADM systems, classic Amplifier systems (Pirelli, Siemens and Ciena), classic DWDM systems (Nortel OC192 MOR).
- Working knowledge of Ciena Site Manager/Node Manager/OneControl, and/or Cisco CTC, as well as any one or more of the following: Fujitsu Netsmart, Coriant/Siemens, putty or equivalent terminal emulation program, COA Global, Avaya.
- Hands-on provisioning experience of the Ciena 6500 and/or Cisco 2K/4K.
- Extensive Transport Network experience, such as prior lab experience.
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of Verizon systems such as UUI/CoFEE, ICON, CCP, VPNS, ACTP, and Venue.
A Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, etc. is desired
LOGISTICS: Shift: 8-5 / M-F in your time zone with occasional maintenance window support.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.