TITLE: Telecommunications Engineer LOCATION: Bellevue, WA 98008 DURATION: 2 years and 6 months SHIFT: This position will be a standard 9-5 type role, Monday through Friday. PAY RATE: $45-$50/hr. on W2
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
Our client is a global communications & technology leader known for its 4g & 5g wireless networks, broadband & fiber optics, video & advertising platforms.
Job Duties for the candidate may include the following tasks, and other duties as assigned by management.
- This includes being tasked with providing technical support and project management for the design, acquisition, and implementation for all equipment supporting Network infrastructure projects including, but not limited to DWDM and SONET Optical transport systems deployed throughout the Network or Microwave point-to point or point to multi-point installations.
- Tasked with the development of an engineering database for documentation of all fiber assets; plant, FDP panels, and IRU contract management.
- Microwave design/review.
- Regulatory filings as well as implementation management.
- Complete Vendor Management responsibility including selection, contract negotiation, RFP and ongoing relationships.
- Financial responsibility for multi-million dollar projects - establishing business cases, developing and managing budgets, procurement and bill payments.
- The position regularly works with Network planning on strategic initiatives, and features and growth jobs on existing products that support our infrastructure.
- The position regularly works with other groups forecasts to ensure equipment growth projects meet expectant demands in support of the company's objectives.
- Vendor Management responsibility including engineering/design, managing budgets, procurement, and complete project management ensuring objectives are met in accordance with stated timelines.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- DWDM Optical Transport systems including: Ciena 6500
- ALU/Nokia 7705 & 7750 routers
- Digital Communications including: Fiber, Ethernet
- Wireless voice and data service including: EVDO, CDMA, LTE
- Microwave experience including: ALU/Nokia MPR9500
- Test equipment including: JDSU & EXFO, spectrum analyzers, path analyzers.
- In depth knowledge and advanced proficiency in CWDM/DWDM Optical Transport systems including: Ciena, Alcatel-Lucent
- Familiarity with Dark Fiber vendors, their organizational processes and standards, as well as their network portfolio maps is preferred.
- Knowledge of Pathloss 5 microwave design software
- Knowledge and experience with Granite circuit database
- Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project.
- Executive level troubleshooting, problem solving, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Superior organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and apply working knowledge of wireless engineering on new projects.
- Must be self-motivated, show initiative, and be able to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills needed.
- Need to be highly productive and pay close attention to detail.
- Familiarity with engineering and engineering economic principles preferred.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience desired.
- 5-7 years of experience in the cellular/telecommunications industry in a Transport engineering role preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.