A healthcare client is looking for a Learning and Development Consultant who will be responsible for a full range of learning and development activities for instructor-led and web-based training and learning programs.
Location: Downey, CA 90242
Position: Learning and Development Consultant
Pay Rate: $42.17-48.66
Duration: 4 months
Expected Shift: 8:30-5pm, M-F, Weekends off
Any Travel for this role?: Only travel is within Local Downey service area at the Medical Office buildings which would be about 5-10% travel.
Parking Situation: Parking is behind Imperial Satellite building: 12200 Bellflower Blvd. Downey, CA 90242
Dress Code: Business Casual
- Conducts needs assessments, designs and develops curriculums/instructional plans, delivers training, evaluates training programs for effectiveness, and consults on a broad array of learning and development issues.
- Advises on appropriate instructional technologies, including e-learning/web-based formats.
- NEEDS ASSESSMENT: Conducts complex needs assessments for individuals and teams and may provide on-going analysis of learning programs across a broad spectrum of positions.
- INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT: Designs and develops complex course curricula and related content and materials. May oversee development of curricula or programs by other learning consultants in support of an assigned functional area. May evaluate and identify necessary improvements to existing training programs or curricula by other learning consultants.
- TRAINING DELIVERY: Delivers and facilitates professional level programs for employees and management.
- PROGRAM EVALUATION: Evaluates complex training programs for effectiveness and desired outcomes and utilizes feedback to initiate changes, refinements, and improvements.
- CONSULTING: Determines and prioritizes key short- and long-range learning goals and objectives in alignment with company/regional strategic goals and direction. Researches emerging trends in learning methods. Coaches, mentors, supports and serves as consultant to all levels of management and teams to ensure success. Provides leadership and support to associate and intermediate level training consultants. May be responsible for leadership of learning/instructional design projects.
- The above areas may be executed in an e-learning environment. May also apply to the need for general learning and development background to compliment a learning systems enterprise.
- High school diploma/Associate degree
- If HS Diploma or GED: Minimum eight (8) years of progressive experience in learning, instructional design, instructional delivery, instructional technology, or e-learning applications required.
- Associate or Bachelors: 5 years of relative experience
Specific Systems Knowledge Required:
- Epic (KP HealthConnect) documentation in Scheduling and Registration, Check-in of members
Specific Systems Knowledge Preferred:
- Experience as a Service representative, Ward Clerk, Front office personnel position, or has aided in Scheduling/Registration and Checking-in members in the Ambulatory setting. Would love to have a service rep or Master scheduler that may have experience from another Kaiser Permanente setting
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is one of the largest non-profit health plans founded in 1945 which offers comprehensive, affordable health coverage plans for individual & family, Medicare, employers, and large group.
This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination. However, accommodations may be made for those with disabilities or religious reasons who cannot obtain a vaccine.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is a match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!