An Aerospace and Defense client is looking for a Production Operator that will produce quality parts that support the company’s mission to provide customers with product that meets their needs.
***This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination. However, accommodations will be made for those with disabilities or religious reasons who cannot obtain a vaccine***
LOCATION: Montevideo, MN 56265
POSITION: Production Operator
CONTRACT: 7 months or longer
PAY RATE: $20-25/hr., depending on experience
- First Shift – 6:00 am – 4:00 pm, M-Th,
- Second Shift – 4:00 pm – 3:00 am, M-Th + $2 Shift differential
- Third shift – 7:30 am – 8:00 pm, F – Sun, + $2 shift differential
- The Production Operator exhibits these skills by producing quality parts that support the company’s mission to provide customers with product that meets their needs.
- Operates a numerical control machine which has been previously been set up that automatically performs manufacturing processes.
- Performs manual assembly processes.
- Enters information into designated computer files
- Reads Work Instructions, Shop Packet, blueprints, and drawings to determine correct processing instructions/visual inspection criteria, work piece measurements, and material requirements.
- Positions, adjusts, and secures work piece in a mandral, fixture, or automatic feeding mechanism.
- Executes production processes in order to build product to customer specifications, including machine operation and manual assembly as required.
- Uses computer software to digitally record dimensional data, processing time, down time, processed accepted quantity, defects and codes.
- Removes and transports finished work piece to specified process
- Cleans workbench, machine, tooling, trays, and parts.
- Visually examines product for defects and completeness, using microscope and measurement equipment.
- Inspects work piece for defects and measures work piece, using ruler, template, or other measuring instruments to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Notifies Production Lead if workmanship criteria is not met or a Technician if machine malfunctions
- Comply with Company Safety Program requirements including, but not limited to, the 1990 MN AWAIR Act.
- Attend and participate in safety committee and safety response team as needed.
- Identify, report and/or correct unsafe conditions
- Maintain machines for safe operation. Operates equipment with proper safe guarding and safety switches
- Have safe work habits so as to avoid work injuries and illnesses
- Use Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Perform housekeeping as necessary
- 100% defect free products
- Understand and follow clear instructions from Supervisor to continually reduce scrap and rework.
- Use in-process inspections and final audit checks to ensure reaching quality objectives
- Understand and support Company quality goal with individual ideas and suggestions
- Understand and support the company’s Quality System
- Support commitment to 100% on-time shipment and be available to achieve delivery goals.
- Perform process steps within established cycle times and Quality expectations
- Continually improve individual time on each operation performed
- High School graduate or equivalent
- At least 1 year of experience in manufacturing and are willing to train to specific job duties.
- Ability to read and understand basic instructions, such as shop packet, standard work instructions, and various visual aids
- Ability to use basic math
- Ability to use measuring devices
- Good manual dexterity
- Basic understanding of Statistical Process Control practices
- Organizational Skills
- Basic computer skills
- Works in a standard production environment
- Operates machine tools and related process and monitoring equipment, in addition to some production tools
- Chemical handling
- Personal Protective Equipment as required (steel toe/safety shoes)
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
About our Client:
One of the leading global manufacturers of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices in the Aerospace and Defense industry
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the matched for this position, apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!