A Mechanical Drawing Checker IV position just opened up in Pasadena, CA at the JPL/NASA facility. In this role you will be responsible for checking completeness and correctness of simple and complex mechanical drawings, ASME/GD&T Standards, BOM Completeness and other references. for You must have +10 years of similar experience; Bachelor’s In Engineering is Recommended, but not required; and be a US Citizen.
Location: Pasadena, CA 91109
Position: Mechanical Drawing Checker IV
Pay Rate: $80.00+/hr. (DOE)
Duration: 36 months or longer
Work schedule: 9/80 or 5/40
We do offer paid time offs, holidays, 401k, medical, dental, and vision
- Serve as an engineering drawing subject matter expert for a JPL Flight Project.
- Interface with engineers, analysts, machine shop, and project staff.
- Validate engineering drawings to JPL and ASME standards.
- Perform feature based geometric tolerancing analysis on complex parts and assemblies.
- Work independently and under the direction of the group supervisor, project management, and technical leads.
- A High School diploma with a minimum of 10 years of related experience, an Associates with 6 years of related experience or a Bachelors with 3 years of related experience.
- ASME Senior Dimensioning and Tolerancing Professional Certification.
- Wide-ranging experience and advanced knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Siemens NX and EPDM (Teamcenter) Engineering tools in a concurrent modeling environment. Engineering drawing practices using American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Y14.100, Y14.5 and Y14.24.
- Complete knowledge of industry and/or academic practices and standards across a range of applications related to mechanical engineering of spacecraft flight hardware and systems.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience validating engineering drawings to institutional and ASME drawing standards.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience performing tolerance analysis and fit form and function validation for complex piece parts and assemblies.
- Complete knowledge of ASME Y14.5-2009 for complete definition of part geometry, datum reference systems and interchangeability.
- Aerospace material selection and fabrication processes
- Good communication (oral, written, presentation), interpersonal, negotiation and organizational skills.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
About our client:
Our client is a research and development lab federally funded by NASA and managed by Caltech. Manages many of NASA's robotic missions exploring Earth, the solar system, and our universe.
This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination. However, accommodations may be made for those with disabilities or religious reasons who cannot obtain a vaccine.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!