A transit organization is looking for a Contracts Administrator who will administer all phases of procurement process, including planning’ budgeting, and procurement.
APR Consulting, Inc. has been engaged to identify a Contract Administrator.
Location: Orange, CA 92868
Position: Contract Administrator
Pay Rate: $31.16 – $37.91
Under general supervision, assigned to complex technology, construction, professional, architectural, or engineering projects, independently administers all phases of procurement process, including planning’ budgeting, and procurement. Confers with project managers to monitor vendor performance and determine and implement changes to contractual terms. Prepares amendments and resolves complex contract performance issues.
- Ensures contracts protect agency’s interests and uphold policies and procedures.
- Develops understanding of internal customers’ budgeting needs and procedures; provides pricing estimates and procurement strategies for projects. Reviews requisitions for funding availability and account code accuracy.
- Assists project managers in developing scopes of work and develops and issues Request for Proposals for complex procurements; determines appropriate procurement methods.
- Confers with project managers to prepare presentation materials and conduct pre-proposal/bid conferences and site visits.
- Evaluates bids, proposals, and quotations; conducts cost and price analysis; chairs evaluation committee meetings and conducts vendor interviews. Determines consultant/contractor solution recommendations.
- Leads negotiations, creates, prepares, and issues contracts for complex procurements.
- Confers with project manager to ensure contract compliance and conformance to applicable laws. Reviews and approves invoices for projects.
- Prepares complex contract amendments, revisions, terminations, and close-outs. Negotiates settlement of contract disputes.
- Interprets and clarifies contract provisions and advises project managers regarding compliance issues.
- Administers on-going contracts to ensure consistency with terms and conditions of contract.
- Compiles statistics for reports and studies related to procurement activity.
- Interpret and apply applicable federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Interpret and apply administrative and departmental policies and procedures.
- Negotiate contracts and contract changes.
- Demonstrate the aptitude to evaluate the quality and price of products to judge suitability of goods and/or alternatives offered.
- Resolve contractual disputes.
- Prepare and compose contracts, change orders, bid documents, and specifications.
- Effectively represent the agency to outside individuals and agencies to accomplish the goals and objectives of the unit.
- Design and implement administrative communication and reporting systems.
- Plan and organize work to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
- Answer contract specific questions from executive management and/or Board of Directors.
- Operations, services, and activities of a centralized purchasing program.
- Principles and practices used in the development of contracts, contract administration, contract law, and accounting.
- Legal language and terminology.
- Methods and techniques of negotiation.
- Principles of business letter writing and basic report preparation.
- Principles and practices of fiscal, statistical, and administrative research and report preparation.
- Pertinent federal, state, and local codes, laws, and regulations including contract law and Uniform Commercial Code.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration or a related field, with a minimum of three years of purchasing experience, preferably in the development and administration of public contracts.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination. However, accommodations may be made for those with disabilities or religious reasons who cannot obtain a vaccine.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is a match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!