An Systems Engineer I position in Pasadena, CA recently opened up to support JPL/NASA. In this role you will be responsible for supporting software system activities including Code/script to automate regression test, test reporting, test simulation tools, testbed system monitoring tools. Have a BS in Software Engineering, or related field. You must be a US Citizen or Perm Resident, and be willing to work W2 contract.
Location: Pasadena, CA 91109
Position: Systems Engineer I
Pay Rate: $40+/hourly (DOE)
Duration: 24 months or longer
Flexible work schedule: 9/80 or 5/40
We do offer paid time offs, holidays, 401k, medical, dental, and vision
You will be a member of the Ground Data System (GDS) Integration and Test Group (394H) as Software Systems Engineer responsible for verifying and validating mission ground system software, supporting test events for Mission Operation System/Ground Data System (GDS) Operation. This is a position for a multi-disciplined engineer who is customer-focused, communicates well, and work well independently and within a team environment.
You will work under the mentorship of team lead to perform the following:
- Support software system process activities
- Code/script to automate regression test, test reporting, test simulation tools, testbed system monitoring tools.
- Conduct system level testing of the GDS software, manual and/or automated
- Support project users to investigate and resolve technical ground system issues
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field with 1-3 years of related experience; Masters of related field with 1 year of experience; or PhD of related field
- Knowledge of software architecture practices and extensive experience in the integration and deployment of large scale and highly complex software systems.
- Ability to meet commitments to produce quality products through prioritization.
- Experience with a coding/scripting language(s), preferably python or shell script
- Experience working with Unix/Linux environment
- Knowledge of test automation practices and tools
- Knowledge of software configuration management tools (such as GIT, SVN, AccuRev, CVS, JIRA)
- Strong analytical skills with problem-solving experience
- Collaboration skills with all levels of institutional and operations personnel.
- Strong communications skills including writing and reviewing technical operations documentation
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal and external program leadership, as well as peers.
- Knowledge of JPL policies and procedures, as well as government regulations across a range of applications.
- Knowledgeable of test management practices, including identification and interpretation of test metrics
- Knowledge with cybersecurity testing
- Knowledge of automated tests using frameworks and tools, such as RobotFramework, TestNG, Selenium, Watir, TestComplete
- Knowledge of industry software test management tool (such as TestRail, qTest)
- Knowledge of AWS, cloud platform
- Knowledge of docker container and puppet deployment
- Knowledge of using one or more continuous integration tools such as Bamboo, Hudson, Jenkins, GitLab
- Highly motivated and self-starting, ability to work well in a team environment.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
About our client:
Our client is a research and development lab federally funded by NASA and managed by Caltech. Manages many of NASA's robotic missions exploring Earth, the solar system, and our universe.
This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination. However, accommodations may be made for those with disabilities or religious reasons who cannot obtain a vaccine.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!