An aerospace/manufacturing client is looking for multiple Entry Level Assemblers that will perform a wide range of skilled assembly to produce a quality product (electrical switchgear) in a timely manner.
LOCATION: Wilsonville, OR 97062
POSITION: Entry Level Assembler
PAY RATE: $21/hr.
CONTRACT: 12 months or longer
SHIFT: 1st shift, M-F, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, Must be comfortable working OT
- The Production Technician I will perform a wide range of skilled assembly to produce a quality product (electrical switchgear) in a timely manner.
- Perform all assignments within acceptable quantity and perfect quality requirements in keeping within assigned functions.
- Perform assigned function from verbal and/or written instructions, drawings, blueprints, schematics, or other manufacturing information.
- Follow established procedures/work instructions for assigned function.
- Follow all established safety procedures.
- Maintain quality standards by inspecting and testing finished products to ensure conformance with specifications and codes.
- Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communicate problem areas or parts shortages.
- Observe good housekeeping and safety procedures and keep equipment, tools and work area clean and orderly by performing 5S+ duties and continued dedication to raising the bar.
- Exhibit teamwork in all you do, maintaining a positive and team-based attitude.
- Support peers in time of high demand by working hours assigned and overtime as required
- Comply with scheduled start/stop times and break periods for the facility.
- Lift 35 lbs. with reasonable accommodation as required.
- Work at a pace that meets expected productivity goals.
- Perform other functions as assigned.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- HS diploma is not required for this role.
- Candidate should be a quick learner with the ability to move from task to task without confusion. Quick on their feet.
- Need to be able to use hand tools, manual and power.
- Kneel, and stand for duration of shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Steel toe shoes required
- Experience in electrical assembly or manufacturing setting preferred.
- Experience using various tools, including: Manual/electric/pneumatic tools, drill press, press brake, fork truck, jib crane, template/fixtures, hand carts, measuring and testing equipment, storage/packaging materials and prescribed safety equipment preferred.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
About our Client:
One of the leading global manufacturers of machine and hydraulic parts in the Aerospace and Defense industry
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the matched for this position, apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!