An aerospace/manufacturing client is looking for Entry Level CNC Machine Operator that will operates safely and efficiently various manufacturing and CNC equipment and related systems.
LOCATION: Athens, GA 30601
POSITION: Entry Level CNC Machine Operator
CONTRACT: 12 months or longer
PAY RATE: $15.50/hr.
SHIFT: 1st shift, M-F, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
- Operates safely and efficiently various manufacturing and CNC equipment and related systems. Ensures compliance with all quality standards of finished parts produced. Operates manufacturing equipment to permit high rates of efficiency and a safe working environment.
- Comply with all standard EHS practices and guidelines, and all Company guidelines and policies.
- Monitor and maintain efficient manufacturing equipment, manual and automatic gauging systems, and material handling systems operations. Perform all checking and gauging functions to ensure machines are running within specifications. Operate multiple machines simultaneously.
- Perform adjustments to machine operation to ensure parts are within allowable tolerances including performing adjustments and offsets to machines and monitor conditions of tooling and wheels.
- Perform machine changeovers and change tool inserts as needed.
- Identify potential equipment problems and report potential equipment problems to maintenance. Work directly with other Line Personnel, Maintenance, Quality Assurance and Leadership Team members to problem solve and correct production-related issues.
- Comply with all IATF16949 standards and quality requirements, including visual requirements. Stop and correct job operation if product quality is affected negatively.
- Maintain an organized, clean, and safe work area including equipment. Adhere to the company’s 5S+ Workplace Organizational Program. Perform operator-related preventative maintenance and cleaning as required.
- Follow procedures for maintaining machine fluids and procedures for proper management of waste products.
- Assist and provide necessary training to current and new associates.
- Complete all other duties as required.
- Personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, apron, and chemical face shield.
- MSDS sheets. Lockout/tag-out equipment.
- Hand tools, blueprints, diagrams, schematics, measuring instruments and gauges, calipers, micrometers, comparators, and equipment operations manuals.
- High school diploma or equivalent, and one (1) year of manufacturing experience.
- Working knowledge of production equipment and CNC machinery. Ability to run, set-up and change-over equipment.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
About our Client:
One of the leading global manufacturers of machine and hydraulic parts in the Aerospace and Defense industry
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the matched for this position, apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!