A Staff Assistant IV (TS/SCI Clearance) position just opened up in Pasadena, CA at the JPL/NASA facility. In this role you will provide direct support to the Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager. This office is responsible for all classified work and facilities at JPL. You must possess strong customer service, organizational and communication skills. You must have a minimum of 10 years of related experience and be a U.S. Citizen with an active TS/SCI Clearance.
Location: Pasadena, CA 91109
Position: Staff Assistant IV – TS/SCI Clearance
Pay Rate: $45/hour+ DOE
Duration: 24-month duration minimum
Work schedule: 5/40 1st Shift
We do offer PTO, holidays, 401k, medical, dental, and vision
We are looking for a new Staff Assistant for a Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager. This position is part of the Business Administration Team for 7600 within the National Security Program Office (NSPO). This office is responsible for all classified work and facilities at JPL.
The selected candidate must have an active Top Secret (TS) clearance based upon Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) within a 5 year scope and must be approved for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) accesses.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Manage classified and unclassified calendars for the Program Manager/Deputy which entails proactively evaluating management commitments and coordinating the proper adjustments to help them meet those commitments
- Answering classified and unclassified telephones
- Compose, edit and organize a wide range of correspondence and presentation materials
- Process travel authorizations and expense reports
- Maintain the Program organization chart
- Coordinate VIP visits and presentations
- Escort uncleared technicians
- Ensure conflict-free conference room schedules
- Ownership of facility functions and appearance
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience; Associate’s/Bachelor Degree strongly preferred
- Extensive expertise in the secretarial profession with strong organizational, interpersonal and digital literacy
- Experience as a staff assistant to high-level managers
- Ability to get along with all levels of personnel
- Provide excellent customer service
- Excels at communicating
- Understanding of general, detailed, and specialized job aspects and work techniques related to office operations
- Advanced understanding of computer-based office applications and tools (e.g. MS Office Suite of Applications including Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, JPL Wiki, SLACK, SharePoint) and web navigation
- Proven track record of evaluating situations and applying good judgment in resolving unique problems
- Significant experience maintaining multiple, dynamic calendars and scheduling meetings for high-level management staff and conference rooms
- Reliable, organized and detail oriented, with the ability to adapt as work requirements and priorities change
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully under pressure on multiple tasks, meet time commitments and deliver high-quality work products
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative to perform activities under minimal direction and deliver timely results
- Excellent typing, spelling, grammar, written and verbal communication skills
About our client:
Our client is a research and development lab federally funded by NASA and managed by Caltech. Manages many of NASA's robotic missions exploring Earth, the solar system, and our universe.
This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination. However, accommodations may be made for those with disabilities or religious reasons who cannot obtain a vaccine.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!