APR Consulting, Inc. has been engaged to identify a Patient Biller
Location: Whittier, CA 90602
Position: Patient Biller
Pay Rate: $ 25.86/hr.
Duration: 13 weeks
Expected Shift: Day 5×8-Hour (08:30AM – 5:00PM)
The Collector/Biller performs various routine clerical tasks, dealing with all insurance billing; and works with other clinic personnel, patients, and visitors to maintain positive internal and public relations.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience in collections
- Knowledge of medical billing/collections practices and basic medical coding
- Computer data entry skills
- Ability to deal courteously with patients
- Bilingual in Spanish desired
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safeguards and preserves the confidentiality of patient’s protected health information in accordance with State and
- Federal (HIPAA) regulatory requirements, hospital, and departmental policies.
- Perform precise audits of patient accounts to ensure accuracy and timely payment.
- Review aged accounts receivable on a monthly basis and report inconsistencies, correct errors as appropriate.
- Contact patients regarding delinquent accounts and arrange mutually acceptable payment schedules.
- Monitor payments to ensure that payers conform to agreed schedules.
- Follow up on insurance billing to ensure timely receipt of payments.
- Compile appropriate lists of delinquent accounts and forward to collection agency after obtaining physician’s signature;
- maintain communication with the agency and review monthly reports.
- Demonstrate a special ability to deal with patients regarding sensitive financial matters and recapture unpaid balances.
- Demonstrate knowledge of State and federal collection laws
Our client is one of the largest non-profit health plans founded in 1945 which offers comprehensive, affordable health coverage plans for individual & family, Medicare, employers, and large group.
This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.