August is almost here. Download our Free August Calendar!
If the company you work for is looking for an inexpensive way to share files, Google Drive is your solution. Google Drive offers their version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more. Multiple users can easily collaborate in real time by editing and commenting on documents. Everything is saved in real time and you can even review past versions of the document and who made what edits. You can access the documents saved on Google Drive from any device.
By signing up for Google’s email service, Gmail, you get free access and 15GBs of free storage on Google Drive.
What file-sharing cloud service does your company use?
Once a week we feature a “Tool for Success” that can help in your career, job search, and more. Here is a roundup of five tools we previously featured that can specifically help job seekers be successful in their job hunt.
1. Job Dash – A free program that can help set goals in your job search and organize your applications and interviews.
2. Wix – A free website creator you could use to create a website and show off your skills and experience.
3. Photofeeler – A free program that rates your professional photos so you can find the best picture to represent you.
4. About.Me – A free tool where users can create a profile that pulls their contact information, bio, and interest. Use this tool to increase your professional online presence.
5. Prezi – A free website dedicated to making presentations interactive. Create a presentation version of your resume and share it to potential employers.
If you’re in the market for a new job, you have to try this week’s tool for success: JobDash. JobDash is a free online tool that helps you set job search goals and keep them. You can keep track of the jobs you applied for, interview’s you’ve attended, and JobDash even offers coaching courses for best practices during your job search.
To start, you have to request permission to sign up for a free account. They will send you an email once you are accepted and you’re free to create an online profile. Once you’ve added some of the basics to your personal profile, JobDash will recommend goals and jobs to apply for.
This is a great tool if you consistently find yourself confused on what jobs you applied for, who you have interviewed with, and if you’ve sent a thank you letter or not. Have you tried JobDash before? How does it help you become successful in your job search?
Does your inbox get cluttered with junk email and now it’s so overwhelming that just the thought of unsubscribing from each one is exhausting? If you’re looking for an easy way to clean up your inbox, this week’s Tool for Success: Unroll.Me is for you. Unroll.Me is a free tool that makes organizing your inbox a breeze.
In just a few clicks, choose the emails you don’t want anymore and Unroll.Me will unsubscribe from them for you. The emails you do want to keep are added to a digest called “The Rollup.” Once a day, “the rollup” appears in your inbox with all the subscriptions you decided to keep. No need to look through multiple emails, just one email with all your favorites.
What tool do you use to help organize your email?