APR has been engaged to identify a hardworking Electronic Assembler for one of our biggest clients in the aerospace/manufacturing industry.
LOCATION: Binghamton, NY 13905 CONTRACT: 3 months or longer PAY RATE: $13-$16/hr., depending on experience SHIFT: M-F, 1st shift, 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM or 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, OT required
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
One of the leading global manufacturers of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices in the Aerospace and Defense industry.
- Electronic Assembler will perform upper-level hand assembly and have experience doing through-hole, surface mount and jumper wire soldering as well as IPC-610 Inspection/touch-up.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs upper-level assembly to disassemble product, torquing screws and pulling out PCB cards.
- Performs hand assembly/soldering/inspection to surface mount (including fine pitch components), through-hole and jumper wires.
- Works from process sheets, drawings and written/verbal instructions to perform production tasks. Checks and inspects operation against predetermined tolerances.
- Commitment to customer and business focus in areas such as quality of work, attendance and productivity. Overtime may be required.
- Adherence to company policies such as safety, respect for others, integrity and workplace rules.
- Motivated individual, fast learner, and capable of working independently
- Must have aptitude and the physical abilities to learn soldering and become solder certified
- Must have knowledge of prototype, assembly drawings and blueprint reading.
- Must be able to perform soldering and mechanical assembly of a complex and critical nature that may require an extensive knowledge of techniques, tools, materials, military standards and ISO 9000.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills and abilities to facilitate effective teamwork with others
- Develops and encourages original, creative and successful approaches to issues; continually improves processes; takes smart risks.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years of experience in role
- Candidates must be able to work with a microscope and perform touchup soldering.
- IPC-610 certification preferred
- Steel toe shoes required
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We're excited to work with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.