An Aerospace and Defense Industry client is looking for a Mechanical Inspector who must have the ability to read and understand drawings, specification, GD&T, work instructions and procedures.
***This particular client is requiring that all new hires show proof of vaccination. However, accommodations will be made for those with disabilities or religious reasons who cannot obtain a vaccine***
LOCATION: Orange, CA 92865 POSITION: Mechanical Inspector CONTRACT: 6 months or longer, temp to hire PAY: $18-$22/hr., depending on experience SHIFT: 1st shift, Mon – Fri, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm, 40 hrs. a week
Job Specific Duties/Qualifications
- Ability to read and understand drawings, specification, GD&T, work instructions and procedures:
- Utilize Inspection check lists, forms, and databases
- Apply appropriate Sampling Plans
- Review MIL Standards and determine part/process conformity
- Ability to use basic gaging (Height Gage, Indicators, Micrometers, Pin/Plug Gages, Dial/Digital and Calipers)
- Able to utilize Microsoft Office software
- Document and enter data regarding non-conformances in ERP system and on forms
- Properly segregate non-conforming product from conforming product
- Effective communications both written and oral
- Ability to prioritize inspection requirements as they relate to the business needs
- Ability to inspect using open set up techniques
- Ability to Interpret and perform first article inspections and document the results.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an inspector in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to read and comprehend instructions and procedures written in English.
- High School /Trade School Diploma, Associates degree a plus
- Basic math and shop math skills
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of GD&T, basic inspection skills with measurement tools
- Steel toe shoes required
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
About our Client: One of the leading global manufacturers of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices in the Aerospace and Defense industry
About APR: Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the matched for this position, apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.