Title: Payroll Analyst Location: Bloomington, MN Duration: 12 months or longer
Our client is a world leader and premier innovator in aerospace, with over 100,000 top talent employees providing the most advanced products and technologies in the industry. With numerous awards and recognitions, they offer continuous growth, learning, and development for their employees.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
- Amending Federal Tax returns as assigned
- Amending State Income tax returns as assigned
- Amend State Unemployment returns as assigned
- Amend Local returns as assigned
- Submitting W-2 corrections to federal and state entities and filing amended returns
- Applying for state and unemployment withholding account by legal entity as needed
- Ensuring compliance for timely and accurate reporting of all payroll taxes.
- Assisting in maintaining the federal, state, and local quarterly payroll deductions to tax payment reconciliations
- Creating and filing the employee and employer federal, state, and local payroll tax reporting and payments for amendments as filed
- Tracking refunds based on amendments filed
- Coding returned checks for deposit and GL postings
- Maintaining changes in unemployment rates on ADP Smart Compliance
- Maintaining states by entity information on ADP Smart Compliance
- Reporting headcount to the Federal and State departments of labor
- Responding to federal and state tax and wage inquiries
- Researching and responding to Case workflow email notices for employee work and home address combinations
- Reconciling tax reporting and payments made throughout the calendar year to the W-2 file
- Assisting with the Analyzing merger, divestiture, and acquisition activity, for tax entity impacts and implementing resulting actions as needed
- Assisting with the reconciling of tax accounts with Payroll Tax Accounting personnel and ability to analyze and take correction actions as necessary.
- Payroll tax electronic and paper record retention according to company and department policy, including filing.
- Assisting with International tax filings and research as needed
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- US Citizenship required
- Minimum 4-year degree - Accounting degree preferred
- CPP certification from American Payroll Association
- 5 years Payroll tax experience and/or a combination of 5 years payroll tax/accounting experience required
- Microsoft Excel/spreadsheet analysis experience required
- SAP payroll experience preferred
- ADP Smart Compliance Tax Software experience preferred
- Strong aptitude for system work, including spreadsheets and query reporting
- Ability to support and lead payroll tax projects
- Ability to cross train others in tax support
- Ability to update process documentation
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Ability to work under pressure and in tight deadlines
- High degree of accuracy and detail oriented
- Strong math and accounting skills required
- Strong organization skills required
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to develop interpersonal relationships
- Conflict management skills
- Peer relationships skills
- Problem solving skills
- Time management skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Pay Rate: Up to $55/hr.
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.