Calibration Gas Technician - ENTRY LEVEL
APR has been engaged to identify a Calibration Gas Technician for one of our biggest clients in the manufacturing chemical industry.
Location: Oldsmar, FL 33647
Pay Rate: $17/hr
Duration: 6 months or longer (Temp to hire depending on performance)
Schedule: M-F, 5AM – 1:30PM
Our client is a multinational company who aims to deliver innovative gas solutions and technologies to their customers in various industries, driving their performance and helping them reduce their environmental impact.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Read and understand procedures and instructions on the use of gas filling and testing processes and equipment
- Fill and test calibration gas
- Prep, operate and maintain gas filling equipment
- Assign lot codes to gas calibration cylinders
- Enter lot codes accurately into the traceability lot code spreadsheet
- Clean and organize work area
- Notify supervisor when supplies are needed
- Fill out stock notices to assist purchasing with reordering
- Label and/or tag products and packages appropriately
- Willing to be cross-trained and move to other areas as needed as well as all areas of production
- Assure daily work schedule is completed
- Work as a team and maximize productivity and efficiency
- Other duties as assigned by management
Equipment and Machinery:
- Gas Filling Rigs
- Various Gas Testing Equipment
- Personal Computer (Windows based)
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Familiarity with manufacturing
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiar with industry testing tools and equipment
- Basic math
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Certification: Required: ISO Awareness Course
- Must wear required PPE at all times
- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Using analytical and observation skills demonstrate the ability to set a course or direction, which fulfills the vision and expectations in maintaining the highest level of Quality in the industry.
Physical Environment/Working Conditions:
- Factory which could involve sitting, standing, walking and lifting cylinders of varying shapes and weights for long periods of time throughout the day
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.