Entry Level Production Operator
A chemicals/manufacturing client is looking for an Entry Level Production Operator that will maintain and operate specialty gas/chemical delivery equipment, including bulk chemical offload/transfers
LOCATION: Albany, NY 12203 POSITION: Production Operator CONTRACT: 6 months or longer PAY RATE: $19.70/hr. for Nights SHIFT: Compressed Schedule - 3 on 4 off 4 on 3 off NIGHTS: 6:30pm - 6:30 am
- Maintain and operate specialty gas/chemical delivery equipment, including bulk chemical offload/transfers.
- Perform minor inspections and preventive maintenance on gas/chemical related equipment.
- Perform minor gas/chemical troubleshooting and repair of delivery equipment.
- Perform daily rounds including recording readings, completing safety & 5S inspections, monitoring online gas and chemical systems, verifying heat trace operations, and completing chemical tote/drum and gas cylinder change-outs.
- Monitor and understand correct liquid bulk delivery procedures for each product on site.
- Provide information for and initiate proper reporting procedures per on-site policies including, but not limited to: problem situations/events & Quality Incident Reports, proper customer escalation, product acceptance, tank fill, inventory and material usage, bulk gas analysis, analyzer calibration, monitoring, safety parameters, and personnel requirements.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of gas/chemical related semiconductor-manufacturing problems.
- Emergency Response Team member
- Restart all high purity gas and/or chemical delivery equipment.
- Participate in customer and Air Liquide programs including, but not limited to: Safety, Training, Operations, and Preventive Maintenance
- Assist in the maintenance and improvement of applicable site-specific work instructions
- Comply with all applicable HS&E Standards including, but not limited to: PPE, Forklift Operations, Lock Out/Tag Out Program, Confined Space Entry, etc
- Complete assigned tasks as per existing procedure
- Perform minor analytical procedures and/or sampling procedures.
- Accountable for the safety of all persons, and the general public surrounding the facility. Safety is a condition of continued employment.
- Hazardous Waste Technician: Responsible for the proper transfer of materials to the dock hazardous waste storage area, proper maintenance of the dock hazardous storage area, use of appropriate documentation, equipment, and procedures for ensuring proper management of hazardous waste, proper labeling of hazardous waste, following proper procedures for handling spills/emergencies, pour-up of materials, segregation of compatible materials, preparation for waste/containers for shipment, operation of a forklift, supporting waste minimization programs/activities, and maintaining an understanding of applicable hazardous waste laws.
- Train TGCM Tech Level I employees
- Satisfactorily complete TGCM Tech Level I local OJT minimum requirements within 12 months in job grade
- High school diploma or GED
- Evidence of previous work in a successful team environment
- Self motivated to learn
- Ability to learn, understand and enforce all proper reporting procedures per onsite operations policy
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to give instructions clearly
- Good electro-mechanical aptitude
- Display aptitude for working an emergency/high stress situation and performing problem solving actions properly and safely
- Ability to understand and abide by stringent safety rules
- Moderate to heavy lifting may be required
- Able to work any shift as needed and available for overtime as needed.
- Experience in the semiconductor or chemical/specialty gas field, military technical/electronic rating or nuclear field, or equivalent industry
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
About our Client: Our client is a multinational company who aims to deliver innovative gas solutions and technologies to their customers in various industries, driving their performance and helping them reduce their environmental impact.
About APR: Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the matched for this position, apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.