APR has been engaged to identify hard working Assembler for one of our biggest clients in the manufacturing industry.
Location: Torrance, CA 90503 Duration: 12 months or longer Pay Rate: $16/hr. Shift: M-F, 1st Shift, 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM, OT required
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
One of the leading global manufacturers of machine and hydraulic parts in the Aerospace and Defense industry
- Able to work with standard tooling (pliers, cutters, screw drivers, tweezers, and basic assembly tools).
- The assembler needs to be able to learn and perform new simple process tasks: labeling, cleaning, hardware installation, prepping components, basic assembly processes.
- Sets up equipment, prepares compounds and processes for a variety of assemblies, such as pre-assembly prepping, main assembly of circuit boards to base assembly, work with standard and non-standard assemblies following written and verbal instructions.
- Work with different type of units, involves final assembly and canning of units.
- Able to use various types of chemicals such as glue, epoxy, thermal compound, primer, conformal coatings and tapes.
- Work from drawing assembly, bill of materials, special model sheet and other input documents.
- Makes minor procedural decisions in fitting, alignment, etc., but always within established guidelines and workmanships standards.
- Receives detailed instructions on new assignments and limited instructions on routine work.
- Works under general supervision.
- May be asked to perform other duties and responsibilities, as necessary.
- Works at a steady pace under close supervision.
- Lifting required - may be required to lift up to 15 pounds.
- From no experience to 12 months experience in related mechanical manufacturing assembly operations
- High School degree or equivalent
- Ability to read, understand and follow product specifications, drawings and work orders in English
- Ability to use calculators
- Ability to follow process specifications
- Ability to handle components and assemblies
- Ability to use hand tools
- Ability to recognize and inform supervision of assembly problems and equipment breakdown
- Good manual dexterity to assemble small and intricate parts
- Safety glasses and steel toed shoes required
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.