Accounts Receivable Specialist
APR has been engaged to identify a hardworking Accounts Receivable Specialist for one of our biggest clients in the aerospace/manufacturing industry.
LOCATION: San Diego, CA 92121 CONTRACT: 6 months or longer PAY RATE: $20-$30/hr., depending on experience SHIFT: 1st shift, M-F
- The Accounts Receivable Specialist will have an overall responsibility for all accounting activity surrounding the accounts receivable functions.
- Daily processing of incoming cash payments in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Process credit card payments
- Investigate and resolve customer payment discrepancies
- Responsible for identifying and posting intercompany transactions
- Process monthly intercompany balance confirmations
- Responsible for collections activities on all major accounts and others as assigned or as needed
- Identify accounts requiring third-party collection activity
- Assist with quarterly revenue recognition audit
- Submit electronic invoices to customer portals, including government related portals
- Process AR credit and debit memos in ERP Systems
- Prepare Weekly AR Cash Forecast
- Prepare monthly bad debt analysis
- Prepare monthly AR reconciliation
- Performs general accounting tasks (journal entries and account reconciliations) as assigned
- Minimum Associates Degree in Accounting/Finance or 5 years of experience in AR
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and SOX compliance
- Proficient in English and MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- ERP experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally in a matrix organization
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills through demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively manage time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
COMPENSATION: We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We're excited to work with you.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.