Manufacturing Stockroom Clerk
APR has been engaged to identify hard working Manufacturing Stockroom Clerk for one of our biggest clients in the aerospace/manufacturing industry.
LOCATION: Waterbury, CT 06705 CONTRACT: 12 months or longer PAY RATE: $13-$15/hr., depending on experience SHIFT: M-F, 1st shift, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, OT & Saturdays as required
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
One of the leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices in the Aerospace and Defense industry.
- Receives, stores, and issues material and supplies and compiles stock records in stockroom
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive materials from receiving inspection to stock. Note any shortages and issue appropriately
- Control On Hand quantities by accurate counts and scale weighing
- Fill shortage requests from production floor
- Stock Pulls – Following MDR paperwork, remove identified parts from the stock location, sign off paperwork
- Pick and pull all parts required on any work order. ** Noting - Switch work orders require Lot Control. Note any shortages, enter issues through computer system. Properly kit work orders with appropriate paperwork and labels. Deliver to proper location on the production floor
- Fill bin items each morning and deliver to floor
- Assign new stock locations when necessary. Move stock to a different location to assure a clean and original stocking area. Do all appropriate transactions.
- Return to Stock any excess materials. Do appropriate transaction in computer system
- Issues parts to Proto-type Department. Monitor Kanban parts daily. Do appropriate transaction in computer system
- Process transactions of CHINA receipts. Issue any shortages to work orders. Remaining to stock location. Work with Receiving Inspection to monitor China shipments router. Process all router step transactions. Initiate "orange folder" to move shipments thru the production floor until qualified for DTS (Dock to Stock) classification
- Keep inventories accurate, neat, labeled and organized
- Secondary services. Follow instructions from Planners, pull parts and identify parts, leave in appropriate area for outside service pick-up
- Chemicals – Monthly inventory to determine expired chemical. Move expired chemical to holding area where it is disposed of properly
- Requisition chemicals based on by-cards and stock outages
- Maintain any required logs and controls
- Follow all safety regulations including proper lifting and movement of materials
- Service the production floor and others requesting information and parts
- Weekly cycle count. Dedicate time to do required cycle count counting. Count parts, repackage to consolidate product, label and seal individual boxes if "C" Item for inventory preparation
- Help with variance checking and recounts
- Gather, stamp and mail all office mail. Run the postage machine. Seal and prepare for post office mailing
- Maintain a clean and organized stock area at all times for safety and cleanliness.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3+ years' minimum experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in stockroom and receiving and use of data entry computer terminals.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electronic scales.
- General Microsoft Office and computer skills required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Steel toe shoes/Safety shoes required
- This position works as both an individual contributor and in a team environment
- This position required the ability to lift 20-50 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, and up to 10 lbs. constantly
- This position may require standing and/or sitting for long periods of time, up to 8 hours per day
- This position required good manually dexterity and visual acuity
- This position may be exposed to various industrial cleaning chemicals and oils
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position, please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.