APR Consulting, Inc. has been engaged to identify a Material Handler
Location: Whitsett, NC 27377 Position: Material Handler Pay Rate: $12.50 Duration: 6 months
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
One of the leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices in the Aerospace and Defense industry.
- Duties include issuing and receiving material from stores, moving parts and materials to appropriate departments.
- Verifies parts availability through use of computer.
- Enters all transactions involving materials into ORACLE through use of computer.
- Notifies supervisor of parts discrepancies and conducts search.
- Uses material handling equipment including forklifts. Services vehicle with oil, water, etc. and reports evidence of faulty operation. Uses care when driving is aware of safety regulations.
- Keep designated work areas supplied with required materials. If shortage occurs, notify designated planner for the work area immediately. Place and stack materials safely in designated staging / storage areas.
- Load and unload trucks at the shipping and receiving dock areas. Verify bill of lading to materials being loaded / unloaded. Check all materials for damage and report as needed. Band, package, and prepare shipments based on customer specifications.
- Assist with sample requests, MRB returns, UPS and FEDEX shipments as needed.
- Maintain the cool room area by monitoring date codes on chemicals on a weekly basis. Remove all expired stock. Review reorder quantities on weekly basis and complete the required paperwork to reorder as needed. Monitor the area for cleanliness and neatness daily.
- High school diploma or its equivalent required. Minimum of one-year experience working in the material handler role for a manufacturing operation.
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with area leaders in order to assist with assuring correct materials are delivered to the production lines quickly and efficiently.
- Willing to work any shift and overtime as required.
Compensation & Benefits
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc. - Benefits available shortly into this contract (30+ days - starting with the 1st of the month following 30 days of service).
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.