- Managing all aspects of the virtual Engineering Technical Library
- Providing online searches and supporting the evolving research needs for the acquisition, discovery, use, and management of data resources and tools
- Performing research for the engineering community as well as effectively guiding engineers to utilize the online resources for their work flows, supporting innovative ideas for potential business, and intellectual property pursuits
- Experience with developing and implementing initiatives to promote and increase awareness of library services and programs.
- Establishing and growing internal relationships at all levels; maintaining strong ties with management and business management
- Managing external content supplier negotiations and renewals for resources and services
- Collaborating with internal departments and other library and information resources within the Northrop Grumman enterprise
- Acquiring standards and print books for approved departmental purchases
- Handling journal requests via deposit accounts and utilizing document delivery services
- Developing and implementing departmental procedures and tools
- Handling technical access issues, coordinating vendor training webinars, marketing library resources and services
- Managing copyright compliance questions and issues OR: Subject matter expert in licensing and pricing models, and providing copyright guidelines and principles
- U.S. citizenship required
- Knowledge and experience with aerospace, science, and engineering resources and how to search them
- Experience with searching the DTIC R&E Gateway and registered NASA Technical Reports Server
- Demonstrated experience in strategic budget planning and affordable execution for providing required and relevant information sources
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in adherence to departmental and company guidelines with minimal guidance
- Adept at working in a diverse organizational team environment along with creating positive relationships in cross-sector collaborations
- Knowledge of information management technologies such as collaboration and search tools
- Effectively identifying and interpreting metrics to evaluate usage of digital resources
- Attention to detail and ensuring quality in services and communication
- 6 Years with Bachelors; 4 Years with Masters
- 6+ years of experience with increasing responsibilities working in special or government libraries with a focus on the aerospace industry.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer-centered library services.
- SharePoint 2013 and website experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong formal and informal presentation skills.
- Knowledge in providing an on-going review of process improvement.
- Comfortable with a high level of flexibility and adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Current DOD clearance preferred or ability to obtain one.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
“APR Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications for all positions equally without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the Americans with Disabilities Act. APR Consulting, Inc. participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.”E-Verify Statement:
APR participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Program.